Your doctor’s office will schedule the date and time of your surgery. The Surgery Center may need to change the time of your scheduled procedure. Please try to keep your schedule as open as possible on the day of your surgery. Your doctor may require you to have preoperative testing and a medical exam by your primary care physician. A nurse from the Surgery Center will contact you by phone a week or two prior to your surgery to review your health status. Be sure to tell your nurse if you are taking any medication to thin your blood.
Please call the Surgery Center at 315-801-5060 the day (M-F) before your surgery between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to get your admission time.
- No food or drink after midnight on the night before your surgery.
- Stop taking any mega-doses of vitamins or herbal medications/supplements 10 days before surgery.
- Take your prescribed medication the morning of surgery with a small sip of water as directed by the nurse during your pre-operative phone call.
- This is a great time to quit smoking; recovery and healing will be improved.
- You may not drive a car or operate machinery for 24 hours after surgery.
- You need a ride home – both for the ride and for the company, with a responsible adult. (18 years or older)
- Most people find loose ￼fitting clothing is the best.
- Leave all your valuables at home, including jewelry. All rings & piercings should be removed.
NO METAL JEWELRY IS ALLOWED.
- Leave your contacts at home – bring glasses and a case.
- Bring your health insurance I.D. cards with you, both primary and secondary.
- Bring a copy of any health care proxies, or advanced directives with you.
- Parking at the surgery center is free. You can be dropped off at the front door (under cover) if you wish.
- Bring a valid driver’s license or form of I.D.
We participate with most insurance companies and will files claims for you. Your surgery will most likely require services from not only Apex Surgical Center, but Uptown Anesthesia and possibly Oneida Healthcare Laboratory. You will be responsible for all co-pays and any charges that are not covered by your insurance. Deductibles and co-pays due to Apex Surgical are expected on the day of surgery.